Pages

Saturday 15 October 2011

Timeless Portrait Birthday Card

Hi!

Today's card was a commission from a friend to make a card for a 30th she was going to.  I was asked to make the card extra special so I decided to make a side step card and use quite dramatic colours.


I went with the Timeless Portrait DSP and so used Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla and just a splash of Basic Black.  I guess it's a pretty classic example of the 60:30:10 rule, where 60% of the card uses one colour, 30% is a second colour and 10% is a third colour.  It keeps the card nicely balanced and easy on the eyes.


Just a view from the side showing how it sits.  I liked making this card, so I think I'll try more in the future.  I have to play with the measurements though, as this one was JUST too large for Stampin' Up!'s Medium Square envelopes.  Luckily I was able to find an envelope to fit the card.  There has to be some benefit from being an envelope hoarder!


I decided to go fairly simple on the inside, just a couple of strips of the DSP and a stamped greeting.

Stamps: Curly Cute, Great Friend (retired)
Ink: Cherry Cobbler
DSP/Cardstock: Timeless Portrait DSP, Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla, Basic Black
Other: Big Shot, Beautiful Wings Embosslit, Basic Jewels Rhinestones, Large Scallop Circle Punch, Paper Snips, Dimensionals, Circle Cutter, Stamp Positioner

I'm participating in a blog hop next Saturday that features the Big Shot.  All projects on the Hop will be created using the Big Shot.  Please join us for some fabulous inspiration!

Catch you later,

Tina

1 comment:

  1. This card is spectacular, Tina. Love the bold colours and the style. Will have to give this style a try.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.