Pages

Thursday 20 October 2011

Happy Birthday Shelli!

Hi

Today's card was one I made for a very special lady.  The founder of Stampin' Up!, Shelli Gardner, turned 50 this week.  As a surprise for her we were all asked to make a birthday card to send to her that would be presented to her in a big box full of everyone's cards.  I based my card on this card.


I had to keep it relatively flat for postage to the USA, so I didn't tie a bow in the ribbon and I only popped one layer up on Dimensionals.


I stamped the flower, colouring it with my markers to get a multi coloured effect.  I then stamped the large image in the stamp set over the top in Versamark Ink and clear embossed it.  You can see the shine from the embossing in the photo above.


I kept the inside fairly simple, just a sentiment and a little flower stamp to match the background I stamped on the front of the card.

Stamps: Clearly For You, A Word For You
Ink: Riding Hood Red, Old Olive, Versamark
Cardstock: Riding Hood Red, Whisper White
Other: Clear Embossing Powder, Whisper White Organza Ribbon, Dimensionals, Small Oval Punch (retired)

Don't forget Saturday's Big Shot Blog Hop!

Catch you later,

Tina

1 comment:

  1. Lovely, so pretty and love the clear embossing too, I think Shelli is going to love all her birthday cards from all over the world.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.