Pages

Tuesday 4 October 2011

Domestic Goddess using Delicate Doilies

Hi!

Today I have a card for the latest challenge at Just Add Ink.  They gave us a colour combination this week that I found quite tricky: Pool Party, Calypso Coral, Whisper White and Crumb Cake.  Hmmm... my first step with a colour challenge is to look through my DSP to see if any of them have the colours to match.  In this case the Domestic Goddess DSP had all of the colours except Crumb Cake, so I decided to go with that.


I love the little floral patterned paper - it's so cute!  Here's a closer look at the main panel.


I stamped the smallest doily in Calypso Coral and Pool Party on a piece of Whisper White, trimmed it into three sections, layered them on some Crumb Cake cardstock and trimmed around it.  A couple of punchies for the greeting and some rhinestones and it's finished.


The card is actually an easel card, but I think I got a few of the dimensions wrong as it doesn't sit up enough.  Back to the drawing board!  Any hints or measurements gratefully accepted!

Stamps: Delicate Doilies, It's Your Day, Curly Cute
Ink: Pool Party, Calypso Coral, Crumb Cake
DSP/Cardstock: Domestic Goddess DSP, Pool Party, Calypso Coral, Whisper White, Crumb Cake
Other: Basic Jewel Rhinestones, Modern Label Punch, Word Window Punch, Calypso Coral Ruffled Ribbon, Dimensionals, Sponge Daubers

Catch you later,

Tina

3 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful card. I will have to check that DSP out a bit more closely. Splitcoast have a great section on making an easel card like yours and does give measurements.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That DSP definitely works well with out colour challenge. The floral pattern makes me think of wallpaper...which triggers off ideas! Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That paper is indeed very cute, and I love what you've done with it, Tina!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.