Pages

Friday 9 April 2010

Summery Cottage Garden

Hi!

When I first saw the Cottage Garden stamp set in the new Autumn Winter Mini I thought it was very pretty, but a bit limited in how you could use it. I've seen lots of samples in the new In Colours but not much else. Then I was watching my 2 year old Hudson crawling around in a pair of Hawaiian shorts and noticed that the flower on them looked a lot like the flower in the Cottage garden set. I was intrigued to see how a bright card would look. (I think it's very funny how you start seeing the world in terms of particular colours and stamps! I guess that's how you know you're addicted to stamping!)

OK, back to the flower. In a big coincidence, the challenge this fortnight at Swap Sisters is a colour challenge:



Perfect!

Here's the card I came up with:



It just goes to show that Stampin' Up! catalogues are great for inspiration, but sometimes it definitely pays to experiment and pay attention to the world around you. Inspiration comes from everywhere and anywhere!

It's a bit difficult to see in the photo, but I stamped the trio of flowers in Summer Sun Ink on the top left side of the Summer Sun card stock to give a subtle effect. I also used my markers to colour the sentiment stamp to get a multicoloured effect.

So what do you think? Does Cottage Garden work with brights just as well as the greens and purples?

Card stock: Pixie Pink textured, Summer Sun, Whisper White
Stamps: Cottage Garden
Ink: Summer Sun ink pad, Pixie Pink, Only Orange and Tempting Turquoise Stampin' Write Markers
Other: Paper Snips, Dimensionals, 1/4" Tempting Turquoise Grosgrain Ribbon

Catch you later,

Tina

4 comments:

  1. Great card Tina, love the bright colours and the style of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tina, great use of the challenge colours, without being too overwhelming ... well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well done Tina, not my most fave colours together, what was i thinking lol, but you did a great job of it and who would have thought that set would look as good as it does in those colours, a great job of this challenge Tina, thanks for playing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Tina!

    Thanks for the shout out and taking the Challenge at SWAP SISTERS
    http://swapsisters.ning.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.