Pages

Sunday 17 March 2019

CTC #220: Sale-A-Bration

Hi!


It's time for the new CASEing The Catty Sunday Challenge Blog Hop. I do love these hops, there's so much inspiration and talent in the CTC Crew and I feel so fortunate to be part of the team. My friend Kelly was the blog before mine, but just keep hop, hop, hoping until you get back to where you started!


This week we are back to CASEing the Sale-A-Bration catalogues, and there are two to choose from. I'm a bit battered and bruised this week - I had a fall on Friday night and scraped a lot of skin off my hand, elbow and knees. I'm ok, just feeling a bit sore and sorry for myself. I had promised to make a card for a lady that was retiring, so I decided to go a bit easy on myself and do a fairly direct CASE.


I chose the Highland Heather card on the front of the first catalogue, but changed it to a square card, as a lot of people need to sign it. The finished card is nearly 6" square.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Botanical Butterfly DSP, Thank You Thinlit, Label Me Pretty, Sale-A-Bration

You can see straight away that I kept many of the same elements. I switched from flowers to butterflies, as I had a punch for the butterflies and I didn't need to colour them.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Botanical Butterfly DSP, Thank You Thinlit, Label Me Pretty, Sale-A-Bration

It's hard to see on the photo, but I went over the Thank You die cut with my Wink Of Stella pen for a bit of added glimmer. It's so pretty in real life. The lady this card is for ran the support group I attend that's for parents of special needs kids. She's had to step down for personal reasons and will be very much missed. I was quick to volunteer to make a card for her, as it's so much more personal than a shop bought one.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Botanical Butterfly DSP, Thank You Thinlit, Label Me Pretty, Sale-A-Bration

There's a dozen or so of us in the group that want to sign, so I had to supersize the card. To add to the space to write on, I adhered a writing panel to both sides of the inside of the card. The floral DSP is so pretty, so I used strips to decorate the panels.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Botanical Butterfly DSP, Thank You Thinlit, Label Me Pretty, Sale-A-Bration

Isn't this the perfect sentiment for someone who has supported the group through both good and bad times? She really is the best.


That's it for me, don't forget to add your CTC card to our Facebook group. In the meantime though, you're off to see the gorgeous card that Lauren has made.


Bye for now,

Tina

5 comments:

  1. Oh no Tina - I hope you feel better soon! Love your pretty butterfly card. The black & white DSP adds such a striking touch against the Highland Heather. Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is gorgeous Tina. And yes, a perfect greeting. Love these punched butterflies. Stunning way to show off the DSP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, and I really love the extra effort on the inside. Really pretty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Tina. I'm sure the recipient will love it. Love the butterflies instead of the flowers and the sentiment inside is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is fabulous, Tina and I'm sure she will love it. I hope you feeling a bit better now. Take care. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.