Pages

Thursday 29 June 2017

JAI #366: Just Add A

Hi!

Oh, boy, hasn't it gotten cold? I don't know about your part of the world, but here in South Australia we are having a bit of a run of miserable weather. On the upside, it's perfect for staying inside and getting some stamping done!


I have the new Just Add Ink challenge for you today, and it's one of my Alphabet challenges. This week is bought to you by the letter..... A!


What will you create that uses the letter A? Something with animals, Always Artichoke, angels, or even for an anniversary? The choice is yours, just make sure it's clearly an A theme.

I was struggling to think of something for this challenge (my attempt at African Daisies went straight into the bin) until I sat listening to my daughter's saxophone lesson and remembered I had the retired Skating By stamp set, which has an Acoustic Guitar. Bingo!


I stamped the guitar on some of the new Wood Textures DSP. It's perfect for an acoustic guitar, even if the wood grain is a little hard to see in my photographs. I used the rest of the sheet of the DSP on the front of my card.


The Soft Sky DSP is from the Coffee Break pack - another of my favourite packs from the new catalogue. I teamed it with Dapper Denim for a lovely, masculine look.


I had two tiny offcuts left from the papers, so I put them to use to highlight the sentiment. This is a great trick when your sentiment seems too small for the area where you've stamped it. I cut the Wood Textures piece to be the same length as the sentiment, and the Coffee Break layer a little longer to really stretch it out a bit.

Stay warm this weekend, hopefully you can get some stamping done so you can play along with us at Just Add Ink.

Bye for now,

Tina

4 comments:

  1. I would never have thought of acoustic guitar Tina - it's a great card for anyone musically inclined! The woodgrain is a great way to add realistic detail! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that DSP - so in love! Great idea for the acoustic guitar and using the Wood Textures DSP is genius. Thanks for a great challenge Tina! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fantastic idea to create an acoustic guitar Tina and using the Wood DSP gives such a brilliant, realistic effect too! So fun! Thank you for the fabulous challenge too. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous card Tina! A fabulous take on this weeks challenge. Such a great idea to stamp the guitar on the wood grain DSP. Love it! Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.