Pages

Thursday 15 June 2017

JAI #364: Just Add Inspiration

Hi!

It's an Inspiration Challenge this week at Just Add Ink!

http://just-add-ink.blogspot.com/2017/06/just-add-ink-364inspiration.html

Kelly selected this fabulous photo of the flowers in a gorgeous copper jug. I struggled a bit to incorporate the copper into my card, as I don't have any of the metallic paper or embossing powder, but then I remembered I have some of the stunning new Copper Trim.


I was very excited to see the brick wall in the background of the photo, as it gave me a good excuse to break open my new Embossing Paste and Pattern Party Decorative Masks. I mixed a drop of Basic Grey reinker into the paste to get the darker colour. It's quite easy to use, and makes a great textural addition to a card.


I stamped a heap of flowers from the Jar Of Love stamp set to create a bouquet for the front of the card. I also punched two strips of the new Decorative Ribbon Border punch. I love that they look like a lacy ribbon when they are laid down back to back like I have. The overlap was hidden under the Copper Trim.


I had a few extra flowers left over, so I added a smaller bouquet to the inside. I used the new In Colour, Fresh Fig as the base of my card and the feature colour. It's a colour I'm still warming to, but I love how it pairs with Sweet Sugarplum on my flowers.

What do you take inspiration from in the photo? You can see what the rest of the team have done with it, and link your creation over at Just Add Ink. See you there!

Bye for now,

Tina

6 comments:

  1. Tina, this card is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fabulous card Tina! I love your gorgeous, bright posy and the colour contrasts between your lovely wall, fabulous wood dsp and your white trim are so warm and fantastic! My BBB has just arrived and can hardly wait to play with the embossing paste now :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much textured loveliness! You've incorporated the copper beautifully Tina...Very pretty! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Tina! The flowers are gorgeous and the brick wall stenciling adds so much texture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally in love with this card Tina - love the rich colours of the background & the beautiful posy! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Tina, the background is striking behind you lovely flowers

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.