Pages

Thursday 27 April 2017

JAI #357: Just Add Colour

Hi!


A little sad today, as it's the last day of the school holidays. I really enjoy the downtime and the lazy days. Anyway, it's Friday, which means it's Just Add Ink day!


http://just-add-ink.blogspot.com/2017/04/just-add-ink-357colour.html

This week we have a colour challenge, suggested by Jan. I really love the combination of Sweet Sugarplum and Rich Razzleberry, so I was happy from the start! The addition of Sahara Sand and Island Indigo adds a fresh take to the combo.

http://just-add-ink.blogspot.com/2017/04/just-add-ink-357colour.html

I thought I'd give you a little sneak peek of a new stamp set that's from the upcoming Annual Catalogue. I was lucky enough to receive this set, Daisy Delight, at the On Stage event I attended in Perth recently.



It's so pretty! To get this flower, I stamped the outline three times on Very Vanilla cardstock in Rich Razzleberry and then watercoloured them in Sweet Sugarplum using a fairly dry Aqua Painter. Too much water makes the VV cardstock pill, and I certainly didn't want that! I then punched the flowers using the new Daisy punch and layered them so they were offset. It gives such a lovely, full flower, more like a Gerbera.



Can you see another sneak peek in the centre of the flower? The new Faceted Gems are gorgeous! They were certainly a must-have for me when I saw them at On Stage.




Did you notice the stamping under the daisy on the front of the card? I used my Timeless Textures stamp set, which is carrying over to the new catalogue. Yay!


Why don't you pop on over to the Just Add Ink blog to see what the rest of the team have created? I'm certain they will inspire you to stamp along with us this week.


Bye for now,


Tina

7 comments:

  1. Wow, wow, wow Tina - I am totally CASEing this card Tina! Best daisy I have seen yet! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drool worthy for sure! This is really beautiful Tina. I love the clean space and the pop of colour from the daisy..Beautifully done! Fingers crossed that bundle is in our preorder..:0) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Utterly gorgeous, Tina! I might just have to CASE this too, love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, three Wow's from me too Tina! Absolutely stunning colouring design and I love your subtle background as much as your divine bloom. Gerbera's are my favourite flower so can hardly wait to order this bundle - and then CASE your gorgeous card if that's ok :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous use for this new set! Your splatters and grunge have added just enough to really make your daisy pop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really beautiful daisy Tina, and to think I could give this stamp a miss! No way now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.