Pages

Monday 9 May 2016

MKPLxSU BLog Share: Retiring Kits

Hi!



This month the MKPLxSU Design Team have decided to focus on Retiring PLxSU Kits for our Blog Share. Sadly, all of the kits I have are retiring, so I was spoiled for choice. In the end I went with the Happy Times Collection. I quite like the slightly grungy, masculine look of the kit.



I used the kit to complete a double page layout of my youngest son's morning rituals. Hudson has a severe Intellectual Disability, so he is quite fixated on certain routines. Project Life is fabulous for documenting things like this! The photos aren't perfect - they are just snapped on my iPhone so the lighting and composition aren't great - but that really doesn't matter. The important thing is getting the story told.




Here's the left side of the layout. I was originally going to put the tea pictures on one side and the sock pictures on the other, but I found that I preferred the tea pictures across the top and the sock pictures along the bottom. It helps to link the two pages a little better. That's the beauty of PL - it's so easy to rearrange the different photos and cards on the page, as they are not fixed in place.


Here's the right side of the double page. You can see that I selected stars as the theme of my PL cards. There weren't enough 3x4 cards for each slot, so I ended up cutting two 4x6 cards in half to use in the top and bottom slots on each page.



This journaling card didn't have stars on it - so I changed that by adding a sticker banner from the Happy Times Accessory Pack that had stars on it. Easy!




Do you record these funny little rituals that your family members have? I think it's important before they get lost in the fog of time and poor memory. This is why I scrap.


Here are the other Design Team Blogs. They've used a variety of Retiring Kits to create their gorgeous layouts. Happy hopping!


Sandra Korten
Constanze Wirtz
Julie Kettlewell
Patty Bennett
Linda Dalke
Caroline van der Straaten
Delys Cram
Elizabeth Peterson
Janet Wakeland


Bye for now,


Tina









6 comments:

  1. SUper fun pages Tina!
    Love the bright colors

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pages Tina, and I love that Hudson takes care of you and Rob just as you take care of him. Mum's tea needs to be hot and Dad cannot have 2nd rate socks! Nice work Hudson, you rock buddy!!

    love
    Adele
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pages Tina... I think its important to record these little moments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tina...I love this everyday moment here...exactly why PL is so important! Special but everyday memories! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful pages, Tina! I do the same think. I snap photo's of our rituals too. :)
    I just love seeing all of that from my kids.

    Sandra :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layout Tina - you've captured the routine well.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.