Pages

Friday 20 May 2016

JAI #312: Just Add Colour

Hi!


It's that time of the week again - challenge time at Just Add Ink!




It's been a bit of a long week for me - two out of three kids were home sick for Monday and Tuesday. Needless to say, not much got done around here and I've spent the rest of the week chasing my tail and trying to catch up on my jobs. It was nice to be able to sit and craft for Just Add Ink. This week we have a lovely colour combination selected by Patrice.



I'm a bit of a blue person, so I really loved this combo! My first thought was a masculine card, but when I sat to craft I somehow found myself adding butterflies to the card. Not very masculine at all!



I used the Shimmer White cardstock as a base and used my Aqua Painter and Mint Macaron ink pad to create a colour wash background. The shimmer is difficult to photograph, hopefully you can see it in the next photo.



The butterflies were originally meant to have a white dot on their bodies, courtesy of the White Perfect Accents. However, when I went to peel them off I accidentally got my thumb nail between the clear top and the white base. Ooops! I'm too stingy to waste them, so I just stuck them to the butterflies using my Fine Tip Glue Pen. In the end, I think I prefer them this way!




I used Pacific Point as my card base colour, so I stuck with it for the inside of the card. I love that sentiment - I'm here for you - it's so meaningful.


Pop on over to the Just Add Ink blog so that you can see what the rest of the Design Team have created this week using these colours. Why don't you join in the fun while you're there?


Bye for now,


Tina

2 comments:

  1. So pretty Tina! I love your Mint background and the cluster of beautiful butterflies is so lovely with your sentiment. And I am so glad you had your happy "accident" with the White accents and shared it with us - can so see these lovely jewels getting even more use now :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its funny how cards evolve sometimes Tina! The water colour wash with the butterflies over the top looks very dynamic and cheerful. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.