Pages

Friday 13 May 2016

JAI #311: Just Add Masking

Hi!



We are back with another week of challenges at Just Add Ink. This week Nikki has challenged us to Just Add Masking to our projects. I needed to make a Mother's Day card for my Mother-in-Law, so I decided to make a floral card for her.



I have been a bit obsessed with colouring lately, especially with using my retired Blendabilities markers. I decided to make the card with the large flower in Birthday Blossoms so that I had good sized flowers to colour.



I used my Rich Razzleberry Blendabilites to colour the flowers while I was watching TV. Silly me got distracted and opened one of my markers over my work, leaving a splatter on the cardstock. There was no way I was going to scrap my work, so I ended up opening and closing my marker over the card a few times so that I ended up with the splatters all over the front. A very happy accident, as I love the end result!




Even though this set is a birthday stamp set, I think it works really nicely as a Mother's Day card. The stamps I used aren't specific to a birthday - and honestly - Mother's Day should be a day about celebrating mothers.


The rest of the Design Team have done a fabulous job the masking challenge. You can see their gorgeous cards, and join in the challenge, over at the Just Add Ink blog.


Bye for now,


Tina

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colouring Tina! I've had the same splatter thing happen to me and I love your solution - it turned out beautifully. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A happy mistake indeed Tina - your tiny splatters are a wonderful soft background for your sentiment in amongst your beautifully coloured blooms. Such rich and lovely colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply stunning Tina - and the splatters - although by accident are lovely - they all look perfectly placed to me. I love the vibrancy of the colours. Chantell x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful, Tina; I really love this card. Those splatters are called "serendipity", you know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful, Tina. Your masking is perfect & your blooms are just luscious. The little splatters are a lovely touch too.
    Hugs, D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.