Pages

Tuesday 3 December 2019

OnStage Sydney Beautiful Moments Presentation: Avid Samples

Hi!

Here's the third and final part of my OnStage Presentation sample posts. This time I have my Avid Crafter samples for the gorgeous Beautiful Moments stamp set. An Avid Crafter is one who stamps nearly every day and has to have it all! Sound familiar? I am definitely an Avid Crafter!! They definitely want more difficult projects and are willing to spend a lot of time (and money) on one card.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Sydney OnStage Presentation, Beautiful Moments, Reflection Technique, Stamparatus, Follow Your Art DSP

This card, using the Reflection Technique on my Stamparatus, was the card I demonstrated live on the day. It was a little nervewracking, but I did it! The hardest part is getting the water wash over the reflection part of the image to look right. I used Blueberry Bushell ink and an Aqua Painter. The rest of the image was coloured beforehand with my Aqua Painter and ink pads.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Sydney OnStage Presentation, Beautiful Moments, Reflection Technique, Stamparatus, Follow Your Art DSP

Once the Blueberry Bushell was was dry, I flicked my Chalk Marker over the top to give the look of light reflecting off ripples in the water.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Sydney OnStage Presentation, Beautiful Moments, Reflection Technique, Stamparatus, Follow Your Art DSP

I finished the inside with the image again in Crushed Curry Ink.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Sydney OnStage Presentation, Beautiful Moments, A Good Man, Follow Your Art DSP, Stitched Labels Dies, No Line Colouring

This image was originally a 'just trying things out' sample that turned out nicely enough to go on a card. I stamped the image on Shimmery White card using a no-line stamping technique and then coloured them with my Watercolour Pencils and an Aquapainter.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Sydney OnStage Presentation, Beautiful Moments, A Good Man, Follow Your Art DSP, Stitched Labels Dies, No Line Colouring

I layered two of the Stitched Labels to go behind the image panel.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Sydney OnStage Presentation, Beautiful Moments, A Good Man, Follow Your Art DSP, Stitched Labels Dies, No Line Colouring

The girls were stamped in Coastal Cabana to finish off the inside.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Sydney OnStage Presentation, Beautiful Moments,  Bridge Fold Card, Watercolouring

I used the Bridge Fold to create this card. All of the colouring was done on Watercolour Paper using my ink pads and Aqua Painter. I stamped using Stazon Ink.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Sydney OnStage Presentation, Beautiful Moments,  Bridge Fold Card, Watercolouring

I added a second row of flowers to the middle of the card, between the front layer and the back, to give the card more depth.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Sydney OnStage Presentation, Beautiful Moments,  Bridge Fold Card, Watercolouring

The back of the card uses Shimmery White card, as it copes well with watercolouring, but is smooth to write on.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Sydney OnStage Presentation, Beautiful Moments, A Good Man, Woven Threads, Watercolouring

This card is my absolute favourite of all the cards I made. It was the very first idea I had when I saw Jacque's stamp set - how well it would work with A Good Man. 'Perfectly' is the answer!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Sydney OnStage Presentation, Beautiful Moments, A Good Man, Woven Threads, Watercolouring

I used my Stamparatus and stocky notes to stamp and mask the images, starting with the dad/girl, then the mum/girl, and finally the island - which is actually an outline of Rangitoto Island, just off Auckland. A nice homage to Jacque's adopted hometown! I stamped on watercolour paper using Stazon ink and then coloured with my ink pads and Aqua Painter.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Sydney OnStage Presentation, Beautiful Moments, A Good Man, Woven Threads, Watercolouring

Once again, I used Shimmery White cardstock on the inside so that I could watercolcour.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Sydney OnStage Presentation, Beautiful Moments, Hand-Lettered Prose, Come Sail Away DSP, Scrapbooking

I also made a couple of scrapbook pages for the Presentation, to show how versatile the set is for all paper crafters. I'd recently been in Auckland for April's OnStage event, so I scrapped a photo of the family there, and another of Rangitoto Island. This will be the opening page of my album.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Sydney OnStage Presentation, Beautiful Moments, Scrapbooking, Watercolouring

I also made a pocket page of my sisters and I when we were lots younger and entered a sandcastle building competition.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Sydney OnStage Presentation, Beautiful Moments, Scrapbooking, Watercolouring

The two little girls on the beach were the perfect image for this page!

Thanks for checking out my samples. You can see my Beginner Samples here, and my Casual Samples here.

Bye for now,

Tina

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing all these beautifully done projects and your notes too; can't wait until this stamp set is available so I can try some of your techniques out on them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your water coloring is spectacular! I love combining the two sets!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.