Pages

Tuesday 3 December 2019

OnStage Sydney Beautiful Moments Presentation: Beginner Samples

Hi!

I thought it was about time to start posting my samples from the recent OnStage event in Sydney. In case you didn't know, I was invited by Stampin' Up! to present Jacque Williams' Million CSV sales stamp set. Which, in non-SU lingo, means that Jacque sold a lot of SU stuff, won a trip to Head Office in Utah and was able to co-design a stamp set, which will go on sale in January.

Today I have for you the Beginner Stamper projects that I designed for Sydney.  I will do follow up posts soon with my Casual and Avid Samples. There's just too much for one post!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Sydney OnStage Presentation, Beautiful Moments, Aqua Painter

Beginner Stampers are those that are very new to stamping, and so I wanted to create samples that would be very easy for them to recreate. I used some Very Vanilla Notecards and stamped an image and sentiment on both. The card on the left used Mossy Meadow, and the card on the right was Soft Suede.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Sydney OnStage Presentation, Beautiful Moments, Aqua Painter

I then took an Aqua Painter with a tiny bit of water in it, and lightly ran it over the areas of the image that I wanted to colour. In this case, the grass/flowers, dress and hair. The little bit of water lets the colour run slightly - just enough to give a lovely wash over the image. Too much water gets murky, which is why I only add a tiny bit to the Aqua Painter.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Sydney OnStage Presentation, Beautiful Moments, Aqua Painter

The inside of the card got the same treatment.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Sydney OnStage Presentation, Beautiful Moments, Aqua Painter

I then tried the same technique on the Scalloped Notecards. I stamped with Night Of Navy onto the Balmy Blue card and used the Aqua Painter to colour the image.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Sydney OnStage Presentation, Beautiful Moments, Aqua Painter

These cards must have a different coating than the plain notecards, as the water beaded a little on the surface, giving a marbled look to the finished image.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Sydney OnStage Presentation, Beautiful Moments, Aqua Painter

The inside reacted as the plain notecards did.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Sydney OnStage Presentation, Beautiful Moments, Aqua Painter, Gift Tag

I used the same technique to make some gift tags. I simply cut a Very Vanilla Notecard in half and stamped the smaller flower image a few times in Merry Merlot. I also added some butterflies from the stamp set.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Sydney OnStage Presentation, Beautiful Moments, Aqua Painter, Gift Tag

I added a hole and some twine to allow the gift tag to be added to a gift. I think it would go nicely around the neck of a bottle of wine!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Sydney OnStage Presentation, Beautiful Moments, Aqua Painter, PillowBox, Gift Tag

Here's another tag, stamped on half of a Whisper White Notecard in Pretty Peacock, but attached to the Pillow Box using Whisper White Baker's Twine.

I'll be back soon with the next level of stamper: Casual. You can see the Casual Samples here, and the Avid Samples here.

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.