Pages

Thursday 5 December 2019

JAI #485: Just Add A One Layer Card

Hi!


Welcome to the new Just Add Ink challenge. This week Jan has challenged us to make a one layer card. Just to clarify - that's the card base and *no* other layers. It certainly got the JAI Design Team thinking!


I had a lot of fun creating scenes with my presentation in Sydney, so I decided to create and watercolour a scene on my Shimmery White card base.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Uniquely Creative, Read Past Your Bedtime, Sweet Sentiments Builder, One Layer Card

I've had this stamp set, Read Past Your Bedtime by Uniquely Creative, for a couple of months but hadn't had the opportunity to ink it up until now. I used my Stamparatus to stam the images with Stazon onto the Shimmery White card. I then added a few hand drawn elements to tie it all together. These were the rug, the skirting board and the shelf that the books are sitting on - the rest are stamps.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Uniquely Creative, Read Past Your Bedtime, Sweet Sentiments Builder, One Layer Card

The hardest part about this card was waiting for it to dry in between colours. I'm not very patient, and sometimes I jumped the gun a little. I think I need to try this card again, but using waterolcour paper and a tad more patience.

In case you're wondering here are the colours I used: Pumpkin Pie: book and dino scales; Pretty Peacock: dino, sentiment; Blueberry Bushel: jeans; Sahara Sand: floor; Mint Macaron: wall; Gorgeous Grape: t-shirt; Rococo Rose: tea cup and saucer; Petal Pink: skin; Early Espresso: chair legs; Soft Suede: chair, tea, bookshelf; So Saffron: hair; Purple Posy: rug. That's a big stack of ink pads!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Uniquely Creative, Read Past Your Bedtime, Sweet Sentiments Builder, One Layer Card

I got a bit lazy for the inside and just stamped the little stack of books, colouring it with Sahara Sand (pages) and Pretty Peacock and Pumpkin Pie for the covers.

Is your mind whirring with ideas for a one-layer card? I hope so! Jump on over to the Just Add Ink blog, where you can see the rest of this week's Design team cards for more ideas.

Bye for now,

Tina

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.