Pages

Thursday 10 October 2019

JAI #478: Just Add H

Hi!


It's Friday, which means that once again it's tie for then new Just Add Ink challenge. This week it's one of my Alphabet challenges.


We are challenging you to add H to your projects. It can be anything starting with H - a stamp set, a technique, a theme - your imagination is the limit. Just make sure that you clearly let us know what the H is in your post.

I have three H elements in my card: I made a Halloween card using Heat Reactive Foil and Heat Embossing. I don't usually 'do' Halloween, but I had seen this foiling technique and was keen to give it a go.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Mr Funny Bones, Layered Letters Alphabet, Heat Reactive Foil, Halloween

How cool does that look? I played up the black a little the I was editing the photo to give better effect to the copper foil. To use the foil, you basically print your design onto cardstock using a laser printer or photocopier. The foil reacts to toner, so it *must* be a laser printer or copier. You then place a sheet of the foil over the top, place all that between two pieces of copier paper and run it through your laminator. Done! Don't have a laminator? You can also use your iron. The foil sheet will peel away, leaving behind the foil where the toner has been printed. I have to confess that I didn't use the correct foil, and I ended up with some foil where I didn't want it. Thankfully, it wasn't thick and I was able to remove most of it with a sand eraser. I will definitely be off to Spotlight to grab some of the correct foil once the kids are back to school next week!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Mr Funny Bones, Layered Letters Alphabet, Heat Reactive Foil, Halloween

To finish the card I used Clear Embossing Powder to add the sentiment. I used two retired stamp sets, Layered Letters Alphabet, and Mr Funny Bones for the spiders. I didn't want the sentiment to take the focus from the scary face, which is why I used the Clear EP.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Mr Funny Bones, Layered Letters Alphabet, Heat Reactive Foil, Halloween

I used more spiders and a sentiment from Mr Funny Bones to finish off the inside. Now to work out what I'm going to do with a card for a holiday that I don't really celebrate!

Time now to head on over to the Just Add Ink blog, where you can see the rest of this week's Design Team cards, and enter your own in the challenge. I'm sure most of the DT thought I'd go with a Harry Potter card, so I'll bet they are surprised by the Halloween card I made! What will your 'H' card be?

Bye for now,

Tina

4 comments:

  1. This is so amazing. That orange just pops!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cool card Tina - the foiling is stunning and really adds a spooky feel to your Halloween card. Thanks for a fun challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card - it's simple but extremely effective and thanks for the tips on the Heat Reactive Foil! The clear embossing on the black card stock is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Tina, I see why you wanted to try the technique! The foiling is SO effective against the black card stock and makes a really dramatic Halloween card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.