Pages

Thursday 3 October 2019

JAI #477: Just Add A Sketch

Hi!


Welcome to the new Just Add Ink challenge. This week Kim has designed a cool sketch for us to use. It's fabulous, as you could interpret it so many different ways!

I had recently seen a card online that used a rectangular window in the front of the card through to the inside, and as soon as I saw the sketch, I knew that's what I wanted to do!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Kindred Stamps, Just Add Ink, Back In Time, Twoo Wuv

I started with a card base of Thick Whisper White. I used my Sponge Brayers to colour the front with Real Red and Daffodil Delight ink. I used these colours in this way because it mimics the font that was used to advertise the movie the car is famous from. I then used a Rectangle Stitched Die to cut the window. Now I have a cool rectangle to use on another card!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Kindred Stamps, Just Add Ink, Back In Time, Twoo Wuv

The car was stamped on a piece of white card and then coloured with my Copic markers. I didn't stamp directly to the card base, as I didn't want to see the bleed of the markers on the back of the card. I popped the cardstock into the card before I stamped it, so that I could stamp through the window. This way it lines up perfectly! The circle element of the sketch didn't work on the bottom, so I shifted it to the top of my window. I added a circle punched shape to the back, so that you don't see the back of the Stitched Circle on the inside of the card.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Kindred Stamps, Just Add Ink, Back In Time, Twoo Wuv

This card went to a very good friend of mine, who is mad on this movie franchise. I knew she'd laugh over the 'You're How Old?' sentiment, so I didn't stress too much about using it!

I really liked this style of window card. I can be a lazy crafter, so colouring one image that did double duty is the perfect card for a crafter like me! How will you use the sketch? The Design Team have had a lot of fun with it. You can see their cards over on the Just Add Ink blog, where you can also link up your card for this week's challenge.

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.