Pages

Thursday 22 August 2019

JAI #471: Just Add Inspiration

Hi!


Hooray for Friday and the new Just Add Ink challenge! This week Rachael has found this great Inspiration Photo to kick start our creativity. Isn't it a great one for winter? Brr! It's been cold in Adelaide lately. Coming after a few sunnier winter days, it seems even colder!


Don't you just want to pick up those skeins and start knitting/crocheting? What would you make?  I'd make a crocheted basket to go in my lounge room, I think!

Anyway, on to the challenge! I recently received this Kindred Stamps set, called National Sewing Machine Day. Even though it's not knitting, it's sewing, so I'm calling it close enough to fit the theme of the Inspiration Photo!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Kindred Stamps, National Sewing Machine Day, Arts & Crafts Dies, Subtle Embossing Folder, Copic Markers

I used my Copics in colours as close to the Inspiration Photo as I could to colour the image. The only colour I couldn't get in the image was the darker blue/green, so I used Night Of Navy as my base card and matt. I also pulled out my Arts and Crafts Dies to decorate the card. Rob was totally fooled by the paperclip when I showed him the card - he thought it was real!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Kindred Stamps, National Sewing Machine Day, Arts & Crafts Dies, Subtle Embossing Folder, Copic Markers

The stamps is just the girl, sewing machine, table and chair. The rest of the details were hand drawn and then coloured - the rug, skirting boards and window/curtain. It adds a nice depth to the scene, don't you think?

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Kindred Stamps, National Sewing Machine Day, Arts & Crafts Dies, Subtle Embossing Folder, Copic Markers

I really love this button border die, and it works so well with the card theme. Unfortunately it doesn't go the whole width of the card, so I had to improvise! I cut two larger buttons using other dies from the set and added them in over the gap in the border. Too easy!

Time now to pop on over to the Just Add Ink blog to see the rest of the Design Team cards this week. It's been fun seeing how everyone has used the Inspiration Photo to make their cards. What do you see in it?

Bye for now,

Tina

1 comment:

  1. This is cute! Love the button die. I may need that for my sewing journal. Thanks for enabling. :-) Creative Blessings

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.