Pages

Thursday 8 August 2019

JAI #469: Just Add Colour

Hi!


Once again, it's time for the new Just Add Ink challenge, and this week it's a colour combo set by the lovely Di. I really love this mix of In Colours.


My first thought was that it looks quite tropical, so that's where I went with my card.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Tropical Chic, Itty Bitty Birthdays, Tropical Thinlits, Sponge Brayer

I started by pulling out my Sponge Brayers and colouring the main panel. I used Terracotta Tile on the bottom, Grapefruit Grove in the middle and Pretty Peacock on top. The two oranges blend very nicely, but the Peacock was a bit of a challenge! I had to make sure I didn't intrude too far into the Grapefruit so that it didn't take over the whole card. I think I got the balance right though.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Tropical Chic, Itty Bitty Birthdays, Tropical Thinlits, Sponge Brayer

I then cut a heap of palm fronds from my Tropical Dies and adhered them over the top. I made this card with my classes, and to save a little time we stamped the palm fronds. It's a great way to cover up any little imperfections in the brayering too!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Tropical Chic, Itty Bitty Birthdays, Tropical Thinlits, Sponge Brayer

I did stamp the fronds on the inside - I think I was very over die cutting by the time I got to the inside!

So, what do you think of our colours this week? What will you do with them? You can pop on over to the Just Add Ink blog, where you can link up your card and see the rest of the Design Team cards for this week. See you there!

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.