Pages

Thursday 1 August 2019

JAI #468: Just Add C

Hi!


This week at Just Add Ink it's one of my Alphabet challenges. I really love seeing how creative you all are with these! I certainly try to think of something a little bit different to do each time. This week we have the letter C for you.


I have seen a few Changing Picture cards pop up around the internet lately, and I decided this was the perfect time to try one! I made this card for my husband's birthday. He's a big pop culture fan and so I used stamps that represent one of his favourite movie franchises. To make the Changing Picture card I searched using Google until I found a template that I could use - it wasn't hard, there are heaps online.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Kindred Stamps, Just Add Ink, Galactic Adventures, Itty Bitty Birthdays, See A Silhouette DSP, Changing Picture Card

This franchise is set in space, and I thought this paper from the See A Silhouette pack looked quite space-ish. I coloured the woman with my Copic markers. I used the template to know exactly where to stamp her for maximum effect.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Kindred Stamps, Just Add Ink, Galactic Adventures, Itty Bitty Birthdays, See A Silhouette DSP, Changing Picture Card

Here's a closer look so you can see the lines through the image. I change the picture, you simply pull on the tab at the top of the card. If you know the movie, and the classic line from it, you know there is only one thing it could possibly change to:

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Kindred Stamps, Just Add Ink, Galactic Adventures, Itty Bitty Birthdays, See A Silhouette DSP, Changing Picture Card

LOL! I think my husband will get a real kick out of this card! I've added a video below to show how it changes. It was playing up as I uploaded it, so hopefully it works! EDIT: I had to shrink the file to be able to upload it, and now it's tiny! Hopefully you still get the idea!




Here's the inside of the card, I used an iconic weapon from the franchise to underline the sentiment.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Kindred Stamps, Just Add Ink, Galactic Adventures, Itty Bitty Birthdays, See A Silhouette DSP, Changing Picture Card

I think if I make this again, I would change a few things. I wouldn't be able to post this card in a regular envelope, as the tab protrudes over the top of the card. The template actually made a smaller front for the regular sized base, but I didn't realise the importance of this until it was too late. Oh well, luckily I'm handing this over in person!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Kindred Stamps, Just Add Ink, Galactic Adventures, Itty Bitty Birthdays, See A Silhouette DSP, Changing Picture Card

So what will you make for our Just Add C challenge? It can be anything that starts with C - a theme, technique, stamp set, the limit is your imagination! Just make sure you let us know what the C is, because it can be hard to tell sometimes!

You can see what the Design Team have created over at the Just Add Ink blog. You can also link up your card there.

Bye for now,

Tina

3 comments:

  1. This is such a Wow of a card Tina!! The franchise theme, the gorgeous images and the only sentiment possible teamed with the cutest interactive design ever!! So very cool and I'm sure your family all loved it too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is clever, fun & all sorts of cool, Tina. LOVE IT! Brilliant card for Rob. My hub would too. 😁

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your Star Wars themed cards and thanks so much for the visit to my blog

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.