Pages

Sunday 18 August 2019

CTC 242: Woven Threads

Hi!


It's the end of the weekend, which is sad, but it also means it's time for the new CASEing The Catty Sunday Challenge Blog Hop. Whoot! I always enjoy doing these hops and seeing the wonderful talent in the Design team. This week the blog before mine is the lovely Rachel's Blog, wether you came from there or are staring here, just keep hopping around the complete circle of blogs.


This week we are CASEing the colours in the Woven Threads DSP, and being inspired by the projects on pages 12 to 14. The colours in the DSP are Pretty Peacock, Purple Posy, Rococo Rose, Sahara Sand, Seaside Spray, Terracotta Tile, Whisper White. Lots to choose from!


This monochromatic card at the bottom of page 12 caught my eye. Actually, it was the Woven Threads Trim that hooked me on this card. I haven't used my Trim yet, and I thought this was a good opportunity to do so. As often happens though, my card took a different turn!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Crafting Forever, Birds Of A Feather, Ornate Frames Dies, Subtle Embossing Folder

I don't have any of the Woven Threads DSP, so I had to make my own background for this card. I kept the monochromatic look by stamping the pends from Crafting Forever in Pretty Peacock ink on Seaside Spray cardstock. I just eyeballed the stamping of the pens, and I was very pleased (and surprised) at how straight I managed to stay!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Crafting Forever, Birds Of A Feather, Ornate Frames Dies, Subtle Embossing Folder

The sentiment labels are why I didn't use the Trim - I thought the two elements would compete too much. These labels are from a new set of Dies in the Holiday Catalogue, called Ornate Frames. You may miss them, because they are in the Halloween section of the catalogue, but they are worth hunting for! I used four of the 11 dies on this label alone.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Crafting Forever, Birds Of A Feather, Ornate Frames Dies, Subtle Embossing Folder

I stamped the pens again for the inside, but this time I kept them all lined up in one direction. The tiny scalloped border is from the Decorative Ribbon Border punch - did you notice it on the front of the card too? I don't often make get well cards, but this one is now on it's way to a friend having a rough time in hospital. I hope it cheers her up!

That's it for me this week. Don't forget to check out the CASEing The Catty Facebook Group, where you can join in the fun of the challenges each week. Just create a card using our guidelines, and upload it to the group before the deadline each week. Easy!


To finish the hop, you need to pop on over to Sandra's Blog, where you're bound to be inspired!


Bye for now,

Tina

7 comments:

  1. I love the Seaside Spray and Pretty Peacock colour combo! The repeated stamping of the pens is a great substitute for the DSP and the combination of the 4 ornate frames that you used looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this monochromatic colour combo, Tina. Great job stamping the pens by eye, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Tina, you have a very straight eye as your pens look excellent. Love the Ornate Frames Dies, they've gone straight to the top of my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love a monochromatic card! This is so cool. I’m super impressed you stamped that so neatly by hand. The ornate frames look amazing, can’t wait to get my hands on them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd have never thought to stamp the pens in one colour, and how stunning they look. Funny how inspiration often takes another path.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous background stamping. Such a clever idea! And I love those frames too. Fabulous greeting stack!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your very straight pens!! Mine would be all over the place! I love the little scallop border as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.