Pages

Thursday 6 June 2019

JAI #460: Just Add Emboss Resist

Hi!


Tina for the new Just Add Ink challenge! This week Lou has challenged us to add the Emboss Resist technique to our cards. I do enjoy a good technique, and this one's a fun one!


Now it just happens that I ran an ATC swap last month that used an Emboss Resist technique, called Joseph's Coat. I think it's also called Emerging Colour. It was a complete coincidence, but I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, so I just made extra so I'd have something to make into a card.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Kindred Stamps, Just Add Ink, Treasure Hunter, Tropical Chic Bundle, Joseph's Coat Technique, Emboss Resist Technique

To create a Joseph's Coat panel, you take some glossy cardstock and add some colour. The tutorial I read said to sponge, but I just took some ink spots and rubbed them over the cardstock. Much quicker! You then heat emboss using clear embossing powder over the top. I used some palm fronds from Tropical Chic. Once again I took a short cut by putting all three stamps on one block so that I covered my cardstock much faster. Finally, you take a dark colour (usually black) and brayer ink all over, buffing it away from the embossed areas. The black inks we have aren't great for this technique, so I used Shaded Spruce. It still allowed some of the underlying ink to show though, but I was ok with that. It's brighter under the leaves, and the variegation adds to the jungle look.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Kindred Stamps, Just Add Ink, Treasure Hunter, Tropical Chic Bundle, Joseph's Coat Technique, Emboss Resist Technique

How fun is this Treasure Hunter image from Kindred Stamps? I coloured him with my Blends, and then set about creating the background for him. I started by adding in the Light Crumb Cake path through the jungle, making sure it disappeared off to the right. I then coloured the rest of the background with Light Granny Apple Green, with a few splashes of Light Balmy Blue to add hints of the sky. I then used the brush end of my Light Old Olive Blend to create some grass by using a flicking upward motion in groups of 2-4 in random places over the GAG. Finally, I used the thin end of my Light Mossy Meadow Blend to repeat the flicking 'grass'. It's a really cool effect. I the added layers of die cut palm leaves over the top to further simulate the jungle. Phew, that was a lot of work! Worth it though, I think it's a fun card!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Kindred Stamps, Just Add Ink, Treasure Hunter, Tropical Chic Bundle, Joseph's Coat Technique, Emboss Resist Technique

I had just enough of a scrap of the Joseph's Coat cardstock left to complete the inside. I also love the subtle snark of the inside sentiment. I will have to think hard about who to give this card to!

That's it from me, you can pop on over to the Just Add Ink blog to see the rest of the Design Team's cards for our Emboss Resist challenge. There's an amazing variety just using this one technique, so well worth a look. Hopefully we inspire you to enter the challenge!

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.