Pages

Sunday 16 June 2019

CTC #233: CASE A Layout

Hi!


Gosh, what a busy weekend I've had - I can't believe it's nearly over! The best part about the end of the weekend is that it's CASEing The Catty Sunday Challenge Blog Hop time. Hooray! The blog before mine is Peta's, but as always, it doesn't matter where you start, just keep hopping until you get back to where you started.


This week we are selecting a card from page 36 and CASEing the layout. There are 7 different cards to choose from, so plenty of inspiration to be had. The Mossy Meadow card a the top left caught my eye - the cluster of elements on the card looked fun to play with.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Hugs From Shelli, Stitched Labels, Woodland TIEF

I went with the new In Colour, Pretty Peacock, for my card base, and used the Woodland Embossing Folder simply because I hadn't used it for a while!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Hugs From Shelli, Stitched Labels, Woodland TIEF

I followed the basic layout of the cluster fairly closely, but substituted for different items. The scallop layer is a partial die cut of a Stitched Label using Rococo Rose that was left over from another card. The feathers and sentiment are from the Hugs From Shelli Paper Pumpkin Kit. I stamped the feathers in Pretty Peacock and then used a slightly damp Aqua Painter over the top to colour them. It has the added advantage of curling the feathers a bit, giving the card a little dimension. The Copper Thread is from the Notes Of Kindness kit, and the pearls are from the retired Share What You Love Artisan Pearl pack.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Hugs From Shelli, Stitched Labels, Woodland TIEF

Another feather completes the inside. It was coloured in the same manner as the feathers on the front.

That's it for me! Which card appeals to you from page 36? Don't forget to share your CASEd card with us in our Facebook group.


Before you do though, don't forget to finish the hop. Next up is Julia's blog, with her gorgeous floral card.


Bye for now,

Tina

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous, Tina. This card has lots of my favourite things on it! I love those feathers, I'll defintely be getting lots more use from them, too. I love the way you've sourced goodies from lots of different collecitons and places and brought them together so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you embracing the new in colours Tina (something I've yet to achieve). Lovely card and great to see you using up some leftovers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colour combo you choose. Beautiful and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Tina, I love the wink of stella on the feathers, inside and out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't the features work beautifully with the woodland embossing folder!! What a gorgeous cluster of loveliness!! It's all beautiful. Great CASE.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.