Pages

Tuesday 25 June 2019

Beside The Seaside

Hi!


Here we are at the second last Colour Creations Blog Share - we've nearly run out of colours to feature! This week it's the new In Colour, Seaside Spray. It's a fabulous dusky light blue that I can see becoming a favourite of mine!

I've been on a bit of a sponge brayer kick again, so this week's card features the technique. It's totally different to the card I had in my head all week, but sometimes you've just got to go where the muse takes you!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart, Colour Creations, A Good Man, Sponge Brayer, Subtle TIEF, Watercolouring, Masculine Card

I started with the sponge brayered panel and Seaside Spray ink. I brayered about 2/3 of the panel with Seaside Spray, tapering it off towards the top. I then flipped the panel and used So Saffron to brayer down from the top, blending with the Seaside Spray. I had intended to stop there, but the Saffron turned out darker than I expected. I balance out the panel, I brayered a little Night Of Navy at the bottom of the panel. I finished it off by flicking over a little water.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart, Colour Creations, A Good Man, Sponge Brayer, Subtle TIEF, Watercolouring, Masculine Card

I stamped the main image onto some of the new watercolour paper using Stazon ink. The new paper is fabulous - so smooth and takes the water so well. Definitely worth a look if you enjoy watercoloring. The sentiment was stamped in Navy ink on Seaside cardstock and chopped up to add to the front.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart, Colour Creations, A Good Man, Sponge Brayer, Subtle TIEF, Watercolouring, Masculine Card

I stamped the main image again on the inside in Seaside Spray ink, stamped off once. The image and sentiments are all from A Good Man, which is fast becoming my favourite set from the Annual Catalogue.

This card was actually a CASE of myself! I attended a stamping day hosted by Kathryn Mangelsdorf on the weekend, and I made a card with the group to demonstrate sponge brayering. Here's my slightly simpler card.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart, Colour Creations, A Good Man, Sponge Brayer, Stampin' Blends, Masculine Card

It's pretty much an identical card, just easier brayering and coloured with Blends rather than watercoloured.

Now it's time to hop on over to Catherine's blog, where you'll find the rest of this week's cards.

Bye for now,

Tina

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful spongeing Tina! I really like the effect you have created, and the contrast of the black really adds wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Tina...your sponge brayering and colour blending are very impressive. This stamp set really tugs at my heart strings too. Thank you so much for joining the colour creations blog hop xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Tina, these are a real WOW. Your sponging is perfect and I love Seaside Spray and So Saffron together. This stamp set is in my current order on its way to my house right now and cannot wait to play these holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Tina, you did an amazing job with the colour blending, and your cards are so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Tina, I did enjoy learning this technique last week and your 2 tone version is just stunning.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.