Pages

Thursday 23 May 2019

JAI #458: Just Add Q, X, Y Or Z

Hi!


Yay for Friday and a new Just Add Ink challenge. This week it's one of my alphabet challenges, and we are doing what I called the 'nasty letters' while I was trying to think of what to do!


I had a brilliant idea and went full tilt on the card, only to realised I'd lumped 'V' in with the letters and made completely the wrong card! Oops. In the end I made a similar card, based on the same pop culture universe (you may be able to guess what my V card was if you're familiar with the universe).

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Kindred Stamps, Just Add Ink, Waterfront, Pick A Pennant, Wizard Friends, Students Of Magic, Bendy Card

I ended up going with the letter Q to create a card based on a game that's played in the skies on broomsticks. The aim of the game is to get large balls through one of the hoops, while avoiding other balls that are thrown at you by the opposition, all the while trying to catch the tiny golden ball that has wings. LOL! If you're really confused, that's ok! I showed Ada the card (she's a big fan) and he thought it was pretty awesome, so I must have got it right.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Kindred Stamps, Just Add Ink, Waterfront, Pick A Pennant, Wizard Friends, Students Of Magic, Bendy Card

This was my first ever Bendy Card, so called because the two flaps at the side create curves where they slot into the card base. There are heaps of tutorials on the web, just google 'bendy card'. The style allowes you to add dimension to a scene, but still fold the card flat for mailing.

The scene I created for the background was a mix of stamping, stencilling and watercoloring. The trees were stencilled using a Kindred stencil, and then I stamped over the top with the trees from Waterfront. The mountains, sun and ground were all stamped and then the lake and sky were watercoloured. Would you believe I didn't base it around the sentiment? It came last, and just happened to perfectly fit the space. Phew!

You can see that the goal posts are attached to the back of the left flap, and the golden ball is attached to the right flap. I used a sliver of Window Sheet so that it looked like it was floating through the sky.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Kindred Stamps, Just Add Ink, Waterfront, Pick A Pennant, Wizard Friends, Students Of Magic, Bendy Card

I carried over the banners from the front of the card to the back - there is no 'inside' on this card. You can see where I used a craft knife to slice through the card to allow one of the flaps to slot into place.

Well, that's my card for challenge - I hope you like it! You can see what the rest of the team have created by visiting the Just Add Ink blog. Which letter will you choose to create with?

Bye for now,

Tina

1 comment:

  1. This is so fabulous, Tina!! I know lots of fans of a certain pop culture universe that would be thrilled with this card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.