Pages

Thursday 21 March 2019

JAI #449: Just Add Colour

Hi!


Yay, it's Friday! Time for the new Just Add Ink challenge. This week Jo has given us a bright colour combo to inspire our creativity.


As much as I love these colours, I was quite stumped for inspiration for a long time. It got to the point where I asked Rob for advice, and his words were 'it must be bad if you're asking me what to do'! In the end I went back to my basic rule for colour combos: If in doubt, use lots of white. Hooray - it worked!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Birthday Cheer Bundle, Rectangle Stitched Framelits, Blends

I pulled out my Birthday Cheer bundle to make a cupcake card, although when I showed Rob the finished card he thought they were ice creams. It doesn't really matter I guess - either one works! I started by cutting the cupcake edgelit and then trimming each cake around the bottom to liberate it. I then used the single cupcake die to cut a section for the wrapper and then a whole cake to layer for the icing. I also cut extra pieces from the edgelit die so that I could pop in the heart and the cherry.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Birthday Cheer Bundle, Rectangle Stitched Framelits, Blends

Each cake was popped up on Dimensionals and then I ran my Wink Of Stella brush over the wrappers, cherry and heart to give them some subtle glimmer. It's hard to see in the photo! You can see around the edges of the rectangle that I cropped the main panel from the piece behind it, and then matted it with some Lovely Lipstick cardstock before popping it up. I don't mind that the second stitched line is partly visible - it's just another feature.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Birthday Cheer Bundle, Rectangle Stitched Framelits, Blends

I ran out of energy to die cut and piece another cupcake for the inside, so I pulled out my Blends instead. I did have to use Highland Heather instead of Gorgeous Grape, but I don't think it matters too much, the cake still looks yummy!

That's it for me, as always you can find the rest of the Design Team's cards over at the Just Add Ink blog. You can also link up your card for this week's colour challenge. It's a fun one!

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.