Pages

Thursday 14 March 2019

JAI #448: Just Add J

Hi!


It's time for a new Just Add Ink challenge. This week it's one of my alphabet challenges, with the letter J coming up for our inspiration. Hmmm, what can you do with the letter J? A stamp set, technique, colour?


I decided to go for a fancy fold and make a Joy Fold card. It's been a while since I've made one, I'm not sure why because they are so easy and have a huge impact. For some reason my mind went to Christmas (joyeux noel - another J!), so that's what I did for my card.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Merry Christmas To All Bundle, Painted Seasons Bundle, Rectangle Stitched Framelits, Joy Fold Card, Fancy Fold

Once again I used the gorgeous Painted Seasons stamps and DSP for my card. I was a little worried that the green patterned paper would be too busy and dominate, but by the time I had adhered the second 'card' I realised that you can't actually see much of the DSP.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Merry Christmas To All Bundle, Painted Seasons Bundle, Rectangle Stitched Framelits, Joy Fold Card, Fancy Fold

To make a Joy Fold card you take a tent fold card and chop off half of the front. Lay it on the side, decorate with DSP and then cut a smaller card and adhere it on the inside of the base with the fold facing the other way. Decorate this and you're done! I added the circle with the pinecone on the front so that the smaller card tucks under and keeps it shut.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Merry Christmas To All Bundle, Painted Seasons Bundle, Rectangle Stitched Framelits, Joy Fold Card, Fancy Fold

So there you have it, a Joyous Noel Joy Fold card. What will you make? Join in the fun over at the Just Add Ink blog, where you can see what the rest of the Design team have created with J, and also link up your own J card.

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.