Pages

Sunday 24 February 2019

CTC #217: Happiness Blooms

Hi!


Oh, wow, where did that week go? They are just flying by right now! Suddenly it's time for the Sunday night CASEing The Catty Blog Hop. Yay! The blog before mine was my fellow South Aussie and friend, Kathryn.


This week we are looking at the Happiness Blooms section of the Occasions Catalogue. It is quite a large section, clocking in at a whopping 9 pages. Plenty of inspiration to be found!


My eye was caught by the 'smile' card from page 26, and so that's what I CASEd this week - in particular the colours and the vellum element.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Lovely Lattice, Humming Along, Itty Bitty Birthday, In Colour DSP, Watercolouring, Vellum

I started by stamping the image from Lovely Lattice on Shimmery White cardstock using Stazon ink. I then watercoloured the image using Lovely Lipstick, Pineapple Punch, Call Me Clover and Night Of Navy ink. I'm very much a 'slap on the colour' type of watercolourer - so while I try to get colour variations in each section I'm not really hung up on trying to get the shadows just right.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Lovely Lattice, Humming Along, Itty Bitty Birthday, In Colour DSP, Watercolouring, Vellum

I love the used of vellum for a sentiment where you don't want to cover your image. If you've just spent all that time and effort colouring, why cover it up? Vellum is a great compromise. I stamped on this strip with Stazon and then wrapped it around the main panel, adhering it at the back and solving the problem of needing to hide the adhesive.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Lovely Lattice, Humming Along, Itty Bitty Birthday, In Colour DSP, Watercolouring, Vellum

Sigh, I've tried so hard to get my cards out early this year, but it's late February and I've already had to drag out the 'happy belated birthday' sentiment. Oh well, March is a fresh month to get back on track!

It's your turn now - which card inspires you? Do you like the layout, the colours, or maybe a technique? Get creative and share your card over in our Facebook group.


Before you dash off to make your card for this week's challenge, don't forget to complete the Blog Hop! Next is the lovely Monique.


Bye for now,

Tina

6 comments:

  1. Great card Tina, and brilliant use of the vellum. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's just so pretty!! Your colouring is on point!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the watery finish of your flowers - it looks so artistic!! And the vellum sentiment is perfect - thank you for the wrap around tip - I'd love to try that too!! Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice and thanks for the tip on vellum

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Tina, I love your water colouring. That's a great way to attach the vellum too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Tina your water colouring with ink pads is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.