Pages

Monday 10 December 2018

CTC #207

Hi!

I'm playing along again with the CASEing the Catty Challenges, which this week was to CASE anything but a card from either of the current catalogues. After a quick flick through each, I decided to CASE the middle tag at the top of page 20.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Botanical Tags, Stitched Labels, Birds and Blooms, Wood Textures DSP, Notes Of Kindness, Soft Sayings, Sponge Brayer

I kept the basic parts the same - I used the same Botanical Tags die over the same piece of Wood Textures DSP, and used the same layout for the sentiment section, but otherwise I changed a lot around. If you have a look at your catalogue you can see that while I used all the same colours, I flipped a lot of them around - my tag is Fresh Fig, not Crumb Cake as in the catalogue.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Botanical Tags, Stitched Labels, Birds and Blooms, Wood Textures DSP, Notes Of Kindness, Soft Sayings, Sponge Brayer

I don't actually own the Botanical Bliss stamp set, so I had to improvise with what I had instead. I used the leaf die from the Botanical Tags set to create the textured base of my card. I simply cut a heap of the leaves in Crumb Cake and glued them to the base using my Fine Tip Glue. The Wood Textures DSP was brayered with Mint Macaron ink, as was the bird die from the Birds and Blooms Frameilts set. The button is from the True Gentleman pack, and sentiment label is from the Stitched Labels Framelits set. The stamp is from the Soft Sayings Kit. Finally, the Mint Macaron Twine is from the Nature's Twine set. it was took thick as it comes, so I simply pulled one of the strands out to use on the front.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Botanical Tags, Stitched Labels, Birds and Blooms, Wood Textures DSP, Notes Of Kindness, Soft Sayings, Sponge Brayer

I used the left over twine to finish off the inside, alongside the extra bird I cut from the scrap I'd brayered for the front. Sometimes it pays to think ahead to the inside when you're making the little bits and pieces for the front! The inside sentiment is from another card kit, this time it's the Notes Of Kindness kit.

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.