Pages

Tuesday 20 November 2018

Lemon Lime, But No Twist

Hi!

Welcome to the new Colour Creations Blog Share for this week.


This week we are looking at Lemon Lime Twist - a colour that I originally thought 'OMG, what are they thinking???', but have since come to love! It's such a bright, fresh colour.

I've been pondering over this card for the past 2 weeks or so. It's my first 'post Orlando trip' card, but I've been thinking about it on and off while I was away. I knew I'd be jet lagged, so I wanted a simple card that wouldn't take too much brain power to put together, but still looked fabulous. Hence, the 'Lemon Lime, but no Twist' title of my post, LOL.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart, Colour Creations, Broadway Bound SDSP, Happy Birthday Thinlit, Amazing Life

The basic design was set pretty much from the start - the LLT stripes on a Basic Black card with the BB die cut. I liked the boldness of the colours and simplicity of the design.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart, Colour Creations, Broadway Bound SDSP, Happy Birthday Thinlit, Amazing Life

I worried that it was a little too simple though, so I added the fussy cut balloons from the Broadway Bound SDSP pack (which is also where the striped DSP came from). Overall, I was pleased!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart, Colour Creations, Broadway Bound SDSP, Happy Birthday Thinlit, Amazing Life

Oooh, did you notice that the inside contains a little sneak peek? The cupcake was also fussy cut from the Broadway Bound SDSP, but the sentiment is from a stamp set from the upcoming Occasions Catalogue called Amazing Life. It's a really fun birthday set.

As always, you can find the rest of this week's cards over at Catherine's blog. I can't wait to see what everyone has made!

Bye for now,

Tina

8 comments:

  1. Great card Tina! Simple but so effective and i love your sneak peek! Thanks for hopping along tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Tina, I don't think it's too simple at all, I love the vibrant colour with the bold black. It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your bright and happy birthday card Tina.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this big, bold statement of a card. The inside is the icing on the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Lemon Lime Twist and Black together and your card shows it off just beauitfully Tina.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these bright colours with black! You rocked this colour Tina (and your title, lol).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey I love your card, just a great colour combinations and great layout. I love the fact that life is too short not to eat cake. I really feel like some cake now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the title and love your card Tina. I love the LLT and Black combination, it's really striking!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.