Pages

Thursday 22 November 2018

JAI #435: Just Add Inspiration

Hi!

Welcome to the new Just Add Ink challenge!


This week we have a gorgeous, wintery picture that Kim found to inspire us. Funnily enough, it's been very cold here in Adelaide, even though Summer is nearly upon us!


On my recent trip to the USA, I was excited to be able to tour Stampin' Up!'s Home Office. It was fascinating to see where it all happens! At the end of the tour, the four of us were gifted a Paper Pumpkin kit, which we were all very excited to receive. Mine just happened to be perfect for this week's challenge!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Paper Pumpkin, Manly Moments, Waterfront

The kit was called Manly Moments, and featured a card with a mountain/forrest scene. I didn't make the card as designed in the kit, instead I used the components to make a bridge card. I had to add a piece of Mossy Meadow cardstock to make the card base, but otherwise, everything is from the kit.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Paper Pumpkin, Manly Moments, Waterfront

The original card was wider than the back of the bridge card, so I chopped the card base and wrapped it around the sides of the card. The woodgrain paper is actually the inside of the matching envelope! I added a strip of Mossy Meadow across the middle of the box part of the card and attached the forrest part of the kit. I like how it gives the card an extra bit of dimension.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Paper Pumpkin, Manly Moments, Waterfront

I love this style of card, because even though it's very dimensional, it folds flat and is the correct size for a standard envelope. Winning!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Paper Pumpkin, Manly Moments, Waterfront

I didn't want to use more stickers on the back, as I'd have to 'steal' them from another card to allow it. Instead, I stamped the trees from Waterfront and added a spare strip of paper from the envelope. I was so happy with how this card turned out!

The rest of the Design team have done an amazing job with Kim's Inspiration Challenge this week. You can see their cards, and link up your own, over at the Just Add Ink blog.

Bye for now,

Tina

1 comment:

  1. This is a fantastic card, Tina. Thank you for sharing your wonderful idea. I haven't used my PP kit yet but I think I'll be getting it out soon. The way you finished the back was perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.