Pages

Thursday 1 November 2018

JAI #433: Just Choose Colour

Hi!

As you're reading this (assuming you're reading it on Friday!), I'm on my way to the USA to attend Stampin' Up!'s OnStage event in Orlando, Florida. How exciting! I've been planning this trip for a long time, it's the trip of a lifetime for me!


But for now, I have this week's Just Add Ink challenge card. Actually, this challenge will run for a fortnight as most of the JAI Design Team will be attending various OnStage events. I wish they could all come with me to Orlando!


This time we have a gorgeous, bright set of colours set by Jo. I really love them - so happy and fresh!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Animal Expedition DSP, Best Route DSP, Label Me Pretty, Shimmer Paint

This card was made using a heap of scraps I had on my craft desk. I had a stack of triangles left over from making my swaps using the Animal Expedition DSP, and once I realised that some of them were Berry Burst and Lemon Lime Twist, I decided they'd be perfect for this card. The Blueberry Bushel triangles came from the Best Route DSP.

Originally I was trying to recreate a toy I had when I was a kid - you may have had one too. It was a sort of black and white 'snake' that you could twist and bend into nearly any shape you could think of. Do you remember the toy I'm talking about? I couldn't quite get that to work on my card, so instead I used the concept to create a series of 'L' shapes on the front.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Animal Expedition DSP, Best Route DSP, Label Me Pretty, Shimmer Paint

Once all that was done, I kind of got stumped on what to do next. I then remembered these wooden words I had left from an old catalogue and decided to colour them. I first pushed it into my Blueberry Bushel ink pad, but the result was a bit darker than I'd hoped. I was able to soften it by painting over the top with some Frost White Shimmer Paint.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Animal Expedition DSP, Best Route DSP, Label Me Pretty, Shimmer Paint

Thankfully, I had enough triangles left over to complete the inside. This card is going to be given to a North American demonstrator who was kind enough to arrange some Paper Pumpkin kits for us, so I thought the 'you're the best' sentiment was perfect for the inside. I can't wait to stamp and put together the kits with her and my housemates in Orlando.

Are you in love with this colour combo yet? I am! You can see what the rest of the Design team has made over at the Just Add Ink blog. Remember, you've got two weeks to join in the fun this time.

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.