Pages

Sunday 25 November 2018

CASEing The Catty #205

Hi!

EDIT: Oh, wow, I was a winner at CASEing The Catty with this card!



It's been a long while since I've managed to play along with the CASEing The Catty challenge, but after a busy weekend with Rob and the kids, I decided I'd make sure I made the time to give the challenge a go. For challenge #205, the CTC have asked us to choose a birthday card from the catalogue and give it a Christmas twist. What fun! I made a cuppa and settled in with my Annual Catalogue and eventually decided I'd CASE the Mint Macaron/Gorgeous Grape card at the top right of page 136.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Star Of Light, Hearts Come Home, Swirly Frames, Twinkle Twinkle DSP, Hometown Greetings Edgelits, Christmas

I kept the layout pretty much the same, and I also used Swirly Frames on my focal panel, but to give it the Christmas twist, I went with the Hometown Greetings Edgelits.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Star Of Light, Hearts Come Home, Swirly Frames, Twinkle Twinkle DSP, Hometown Greetings Edgelits, Christmas

I started by stamping and cutting two of the large Swirly Frames circles in Night Of Navy and using my Layering Circles dies. I then took my Aquapainter and Night of Navy and Gorgeous Grape ink to create the evening sky on one of the circles. I was so thrilled with how that turned out! I also flicked over some Frost White Shimmer Paint to represent the stars. I cut the second circle with the edgelit, trimming off the second house as it didn't look quite right to me. I then used Dimensionals to pop it up on top of the first circle.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Star Of Light, Hearts Come Home, Swirly Frames, Twinkle Twinkle DSP, Hometown Greetings Edgelits, Christmas

The inside was kept fairly simple so that I'll have plenty of room to write a Christmas message when I send the card. Thanks to the CTC team for a fun challenge!

Bye for now,

Tina


No comments: