Pages

Monday 5 November 2018

An Expedition Gift

Hi!

I wrote this post a couple of weeks ago, but by the time it publishes, I will have been in Salt Lake City for a couple of days with my friend and travel mate, Judy May. If all went to plan, we would have spend the weekend checking out the city and listening to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir with fellow travellers Kathryn Mangelsdorf and Rachel Palmieri. We are off to tour Stampin' Up! Head Office today. How exciting, to see where it all happens!

Today's post is about the card and little gift I made and had made for Judy. She did an amazing job planning and organising our trip, for which I was very grateful.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Treehouse Adventures, Animal Outing, Animal Expedition DSP, Animal Friends Thinlits

I used paper from the Animal Expedition DSP, as it's so cute, and I thought a perfect choice for the card. I really love the birdie paper! The sentiment, from Treehouse Adventures, is also the perfect choice for the card - I fee like we really are off on an adventure.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Treehouse Adventures, Animal Outing, Animal Expedition DSP, Animal Friends Thinlits

I stamped and then coloured the Kangaroo with my Blends. I used the Soft Suede, Smoky Slate and Petal Pink combos. Can you see the silver around the edges? I ran out of Silver Foil paper, so I sponged the edge of the card with Versamark ink and then added Silver Embossing Powder before heat embossing. Too easy!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Treehouse Adventures, Animal Outing, Animal Expedition DSP, Animal Friends Thinlits

I also had a bone folder engraved to commemorate the trip. My friend, Alisha and her hubby did the engraving for me. I was so pleased with how it turned out!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Bunch Of Blossoms, Animal Expedition DSP, Window Box Thinlits

To make the case for the bone folder I took a strip of Berry Burst cardstock that was a little wider and nearly twice as long as the folder. I rounded the corners and then scored lines for the fold at the bottom and the flap at the front. I then took a piece of Animal Expedition DSP and wrapped it around the cardstock, adhering it to the cardstock at the back. You need to do this with the bone folder inside the cardstock, otherwise it may end up too tight a fit. I then tied a length of Berry Burst ribbon around the whole thing.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Bunch Of Blossoms, Animal Expedition DSP, Window Box Thinlits

How sweet is this sentiment and tag? The stamp is from the Bunch Of Blossoms stamp set, and the tag is from the Window Box Thinlits set. I punched a small heart from Silver Glimmer Paper using the Cookie Cutter Builder Punch.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Bunch Of Blossoms, Animal Expedition DSP, Window Box Thinlits

I hope Judy enjoys using her bone folder while remembering our trip for many years to come.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Bunch Of Blossoms, Animal Expedition DSP, Window Box Thinlits

Of course, I had to get one for myself too!

Bye for now,

Tina

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love my card Tina and the engraved bone folder. It is even cuter in real life. Thank you. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.