Pages

Thursday 30 August 2018

JAI #424: Just Add Texture

Hi!


Hooray for a new Just Add Ink challenge! This week Di has challenged us to add texture to our cards. I toyed with the idea of using the Faux Silk technique on my card, but then a new stamp set arrived in the mail and I just had to use it!


I was lucky enough to be able to purchase a limited edition super themed box from Kindred Stamps that included a stamp set called You're Super. It arrived in the post just before Rob's birthday. He's mad on these super heroes, so it was a no brainer to use them on his card!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Kindred Stamps, Just Add Ink, You're Super, Building Blocks

To add the texture on my card, I used my Pacific Point reinker to dye some Embossing Paste. I then used a retired mask to apply it to the front of my card. I was worried when I dyed the paste that I'd made it too dark, but it's actually dried lighter! The red zig zag paper was in the super pack from Kindred Stamps.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Kindred Stamps, Just Add Ink, You're Super, Building Blocks

I stamped this patriotic Super Hero on Shimmery White cardstock using Memento ink and then coloured him using my Watercolour Pencils. Of course, I blended with my Wink Of Stella pen. It's a bit redundant using it on Shimmery White, but I love the way it blends the pencil so much that I just have to use it. I used my Pacific Point, Real Red, Calypso Coral, Basic Black and Basic Grey pencils to colour him in.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Kindred Stamps, Just Add Ink, You're Super, Building Blocks

This inside sentiment is from another Kindred Stamps set called Building Blocks. The You're Super set had a sentiment that said 'Have a super birthday', but as I'd used super on the front it felt weird to add it to the inside too.

The Just Add Ink blog is where you'll find the rest of the textural cards made by the Design Team. I wonder what they'll think of to add texture? What are you thinking of? I can't wait to see!

Bye for now,

Tina

2 comments:

  1. Love your Captain America card, Tina. And I love the coloured embossing paste. D x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super cool indeed, Tina! I love how you’ve coloured him using Wink of Stella and pencils and the embossing paste sunburst adds another level of fun and texture too. So fabulous! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.