Pages

Thursday 16 August 2018

JAI #422: Just Choose Two

Hi!


Time for the new Just Add Ink challenge! This week Rochelle has set the challenge to Just Choose Two.


It's an embossing week! Powder, Folder or Paste - which two will you choose? I went with the Folder and Paste combo.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, The Ink Road, Kindred Stamps, Pitch Please, Building Blocks, Stitched Shapes, Subtle DTIEF, Embossing Paste

I made this card for Ada to give to her school Performing Arts teacher. A few weeks ago she organised a day of concerts to show off all that the kids have been learning with her. It was amazing day and a half of rehearsals and three performances, and the teacher did such a wonderful job of organising. The rapport she has with the kids is an incredible thing to see - they all adore her. I wanted to make the card as special as she is, so I went all out.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, The Ink Road, Kindred Stamps, Pitch Please, Building Blocks, Stitched Shapes, Subtle DTIEF, Embossing Paste

I used a retired SU mask to add some Shimmer Embossing Paste to the card. When it dried, I sponged Berry Burst and Powder Pink ink over the top. It makes me think of a tulle tutu - can you see it?

The stamps I used are from The Ink Road set called Pitch, Please. Can you tell which series of movies it's themed on? LOL - the perfect set for this card! Before I move on, I'll point out that I used the Subtle Embossing Folder on the Berry Burst layer  - it's just hard to photograph!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, The Ink Road, Kindred Stamps, Pitch Please, Building Blocks, Stitched Shapes, Subtle DTIEF, Embossing Paste

The stamps on the inside are from a Kindred Stamps set called Building Blocks. If you think of a movie from a few years back that had a very catchy song with the word 'awesome' featuring heavily, you will work out the theme of the stamp set. LOL.

That's it from me for this week. You can, as usual, see the rest of the team's cards and link up your own acrd over at the Just Add Ink blog. See you there!

Bye for now,

Tina

2 comments:

  1. Such a fabulous card Tina! Just love it! It really does look like a tutu! Very clever! Thanks for sharing! Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smashed it! Such an awesome card, Tina. I can definitely see the tulle tutu - clever! D xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.