Pages

Thursday 9 August 2018

JAI #421: Just Add A Sketch

Hi!


Time for the next Just Add Ink challenge! This week Narelle has designed a fabulous sketch for us to work with. I love a good sketch challenge - don't you?


Last month my daughter Ada turned 13. When I asked her what she'd like me to make her for her card, I fully expected her to say 'Harry Potter'. She astounded me by sending me an image of a ballerina. She's been taking Jazz and Tap lessons for years, but only picked up ballet this year, so she's a little in love with it right now. I was a lot stuck with what to do with the image she sent, but once I saw this sketch, it all clicked into place!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Picture Perfect Birthday, Glimmer Paper, Smooshing

I used my PictureMate to print the image onto Whisper White cardstock and then smooshed some Melon Mambo ink over the top. The colours of the dance studio she attends are hot pink, black and white, so they were the colours I stick with. Of course, any dancer knows you need to add some bling, hence the Glimmer Paper panels along the sides.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Picture Perfect Birthday, Glimmer Paper, Smooshing

I had to flip the sketch to make the elements of it fit around the dancer. I used vellum for the circle so it didn't cover too much of the smooshing. The numbers were stickers I had in my stash. They were a pale pink that didn't work with my colour scheme, so I tapped my Stazon inkpad over the top to change the colour. You can still see the pale pink along the sides, but I liked that effect. They were a bit plain when they were just black, so I went over the top with my Wink Of Stella pen to add some glitz.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Picture Perfect Birthday, Glimmer Paper, Smooshing

I also printed the ballerina for the inside, just waaayyyyy smaller. I'm pleased to say that Ada loved the card. I'm always a bit anxious showing her, as she can be fussy - typical teenager!

The rest fit eDesign Team have done Narelle's sketch proud. You can see their cards over at the Just Add Ink blog.

Bye for now,

Tina

1 comment:

  1. What an absolutely gorgeous card for your daughter Tina. I love the pink and sparkly bits - they are the perfect backdrop for the striking ballerina. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.