Pages

Monday 13 August 2018

It's Good To Be Green

Hi!

Is that a Kermit quote? I can't remember, it just popped into my head when I was thinking about a title for this post. Anyway... on to toady's card! This week I have a card that I CASEd from the Annual Catalogue. I recently purchased Swirly Frames and this was my first time using it. I liked the green card on page 137, so away I went!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Swirly Frames, Dragonfly Dreams, Tropical Escape DSP

I made a slightly simpler version of the card. While I own both the Tropical Escape DSP and Tropical Thinlits, I do not own the Tropical Chic stamps. I am still in two minds about them - do I really need the stamps? The Concept Artist used the stamps on the squares in the catalogue card, but I just chopped some of the DSP. Easy substitution!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Swirly Frames, Dragonfly Dreams, Tropical Escape DSP

I also used a pair of sentiments from Dragonfly Dreams on my card. That's what CASEing is all about  - taking the bits of a card that work for you, and finding something in your stash for the bits that don't.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Swirly Frames, Dragonfly Dreams, Tropical Escape DSP

I used some more of the Tropical Escape DSP for the inside. This card is a great way to use up all those tiny scraps that seem to accumulate. The squares on the front were about 1 1/4 inches, and the strip on the inside could be as narrow or as wide as you wish. If your scraps are too narrow, just add a second or third. Too easy!

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.