Pages

Thursday 5 July 2018

JAI #416: Just Add A Sketch

Hi!

Hooray for school holidays! I've been on the count down for weeks, and now they are here. Two weeks of chilled time home with the kids - I can't wait!


In the meantime, it's time for the new Just Add Ink challenge. This week Patrice has given us this fabulous sketch to work with.


It's so versatile - you could really do anything with that square! I went very literal with the sketch this week, as it suited the theme of my card.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Kindred Stamps, Creative Imaginations, Just Add Ink, Building Blocks, Milestone Moments, Little Numbers Thinlits, Copics

Who doesn't love those colourful plastic building blocks? Until you step on one, that is! My kids are mad on it, but this card was made for a friend who, as you can probably guess, was turning 40. The figure stamp was from a set by Kindred Stamps called Building Blocks. The paper was some I had in my stash by Creative Imaginations.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Kindred Stamps, Creative Imaginations, Just Add Ink, Building Blocks, Milestone Moments, Little Numbers Thinlits, Copics

I had a lot of fun colouring the little man with my Copic markers. Unfortunately I didn't have the correct colours among my Stampin' Blends. It was great practice for trying to show a curve in a shape by using highlight and lowlights. It's hard to see in the yellow head, but you can certainly see it in the top pant of his pants.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Kindred Stamps, Creative Imaginations, Just Add Ink, Building Blocks, Milestone Moments, Little Numbers Thinlits, Copics

Anyone else got a certain song from a movie soundtrack stuck in their heads right now? LOL! Alex used to sing the famous line from it all the time, and it drove me nuts!

Why not pop on over to the Just Add Ink blog, where you can see the gorgeous cards the Design Team have come up with this week? You'll be just as amazed as I was how everyone has interpreted the sketch. What will you do with it? You can link up and join in the challenge on the blog. See you there!

Bye for now,

Tina

1 comment:

  1. This is one awesome Lego card, Tina. My boys love it too! Great choice for the Sketch Challenge. D xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.