Pages

Monday 25 June 2018

Polished Stone in Pink

Hi!

I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I'd been playing around with the Polished Stone technique for my June classes. Today I have the first card I made using the technique.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Thoughtful Banners, Dragonfly Dreams, Picture Perfect Birthday, Petal Burst TIEF, Springtime Impressions Thinlits

I used Melon Mambo and Basic Black as the main colours on my card. I wanted to keep the colours dramatic but simple so that the focus would be on the Polished Stone panel.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Thoughtful Banners, Dragonfly Dreams, Picture Perfect Birthday, Petal Burst TIEF, Springtime Impressions Thinlits

Speaking of which, how lovely does that Polished Stone panel look? I used Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie and Daffodil Delight reinkers on Glossy Cardstock to achieve the effect. It's important to choose colours that are beside each other on the Colour Wheel, or you risk ending up with brown blobs instead of lovely colours. I went with a little more PP and DD, as I knew MM would dominate the combination.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Thoughtful Banners, Dragonfly Dreams, Picture Perfect Birthday, Petal Burst TIEF, Springtime Impressions Thinlits

I used the dotty stamp from Dragonfly Dreams on the inside, trying to recreate the Polished Stone in a small way.

Have you tried the technique yet? It's a fun one, so well worth trying!

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.