Pages

Thursday 31 May 2018

JAI #411: Just Add A Sketch

Hi!


Woot woot for Friday - it's been a long week this week! It's so close to the weekend, and I can't wait. In the meantime, let's get stuck into the new Just Add Ink challenge. This week Jan has designed this awesome sketch to work with.


I'm usually very literal with sketches - why reinvent the wheel if someone else has done the hard work? This time, though, I took a few liberties.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Guy Greetings, Picture Perfect Birthday, Tranquil Textures DSP

This card was made a few weeks ago, so it has a bit of a mix of old and new products. The new are now available, with the new Annual Catalogue going live today. Yay! The DSP I have used is from the new Tranquil Textures DSP pack. It's designed to coordinate with the Tranquil Textures suite, which is a very ocean themed suite. I'm not mad on the ocean stuff, but I love the grungy, textured paper in the pack. It's an awesome way to get the look without having to make any mess!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Guy Greetings, Picture Perfect Birthday, Tranquil Textures DSP

Instead of the heart shaped element, I used some Copper Trim. I cut a length around 12cm, threaded it onto my thumb and then cut along the tube to open it up flat. I then teased it out to make a flat net, which was adhered under the sentiment panel. I probably should have cut a longer piece so that it stuck out a little more, but it's very hard to tell how big the piece will end up when its still in ribbon form.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Guy Greetings, Picture Perfect Birthday, Tranquil Textures DSP

The anchors are from the now retired Guy Greetings, stamped in Fresh Fig to match the colours in the DSP. I stamped off the one on the front, but the one on the inside is full strength. The sentiments are from Picture Perfect Birthday.

The Design Team have done an awesome job with Jan's sketch this week. Pop on over to the Just Add Ink blog to check it all out and to link up your card. See you there!'

Bye for now,

Tina

2 comments:

  1. This is such a cool guy card, Tina, love everything about it! The grungy background looks like it’s stamped rather than DSP and I love how your anchor fits inside this punch so perfectly and the added texture of the copper trim and ribbon is brilliant too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so thought you'd stamped the background, Tina, & had no clue it was from the sea themed pack. Very clever, grungy way to use on a masculine card.
    Di :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.