Pages

Wednesday 17 January 2018

Another Scrappy Peacock

Hi!

I mentioned in a previous post that instead of tidying my craft space, as I usually do each summer, I got sidetracked by some DSP, a peacock and my new Stamparatus. I used the Stamparatus to stamp the peacock, but I had so much fun that I decided to stamp it in backwards order.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Sale-A-Bration, Beautiful Peacock, Birthday Memories DSP, Polka Dot Basics TIEF

What do I mean by backwards order? Well, usually you'd stamp the body, then the tail, then the flourishy bit, and finally the dots. To do it backwards, I simply started with the dots. It was fun seeing the image form that way.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Sale-A-Bration, Beautiful Peacock, Birthday Memories DSP, Polka Dot Basics TIEF

One of the key benefits of the Stamparatus is that it stamps in exactly the same place, over and over again. In this case, the Pacific Point tail didn't stamp fully, so I was able to reink the stamp and try again. Yay! How many times have you stamped a sentiment that doesn't all stamp so you have to try to fix it, and it ends up blurry or looking worse than it did before you tried? No longer a problem!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Sale-A-Bration, Beautiful Peacock, Birthday Memories DSP, Polka Dot Basics TIEF

There are a few cute little sequin type stamps in the Beautiful Peacock SAB set. It's sometimes easy to over look these. I used them on the front in the circles that were embossed using the Polka Dot Basics TIEF, and also on the inside to add some more colour.

Am I selling you on the Stamparatus yet? LOL

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.