Pages

Thursday 20 July 2017

JAI #369: Just Add Inspiration

Hi!

Well, the school holidays are coming to an end for us. It always makes me a bit sad, as I love having the kids home for a couple of weeks R 'n' R.


Being Friday, it's time for the new Just Add Ink challenge. This week Rochelle found this gorgeous image, that is certainly bound to inspire you. I know I found it inspiring - who wouldn't love to float away in a balloon over that lake, forrest and mountains?


You can take anything you like from the picture - the colours, nature, a balloon, whatever you like! I liked the look of the sky (and I wanted to play with my Texture Paste!!), so that's what I based my card on.

Stampin' Up!, scissorspapercard, Texture Paste, Lift Me Up, Up & Away, Sunshine Wishes, Just Add Ink

Have you played with the Texture Paste yet? It's a lot of fun! For this card I just used the paste as is with the cloud mask. I quite like that the clouds didn't come out evenly, as clouds aren't smooth in real life. I made a similar background and I used my palette knife to fluff up the clouds by gently slapping it against the paste. It reminded me of the way I get meringue peaks when I am making a Lemon Meringue Pie. Yum!

Stampin' Up!, scissorspapercard, Texture Paste, Lift Me Up, Up & Away, Sunshine Wishes, Just Add Ink

I saw this trick of having a shorter rectangular matt under a banner on a card recently and quite liked it. I filed it away in the old memory bank, and surprised myself when I actually remembered to use to on a card.

Stampin' Up!, scissorspapercard, Texture Paste, Lift Me Up, Up & Away, Sunshine Wishes, Just Add Ink

'I hope your day is on cloud nine'. It's such a great sentiment for a birthday card, don't you think?

You can see the cards the rest of the Design Team have created over at the Just Add Ink blog. Why not join in the fun by linking up your card that has been inspired by our picture?

Bye for now,

Tina

5 comments:

  1. Your textured clouds are amazing, Tina. And the sentiment looks great on the shorter mat too (filing away myself), this is a great masculine card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you kept this in blue tones Tina and that textured cloudy background - well I just want to run my finger over them! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Tina! I love the balance. And can't get enough of the embossing paste either!!! Perfect for clouds! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fabulous male card Tina! I love how you've kept to the blue tones and your perfectly fluffy clouds are fantastic! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those clouds are fabulous Tina and l love the bold black on the balloon. Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.