Pages

Wednesday 12 July 2017

Guest Blogger: Ada

Hi!

It's school holidays here now, as well as Ada's birthday. It's been a busy start to the break, so I didn't get a chance to create a card for The Heart Of Christmas as I've been doing the past few weeks. Hopefully next week!

Today I have two cards for you - the first was made by Ada for her BFF, Hannah, who celebrated her 12th Birthday last month. I printed the Bugaboo digital stamps and Ada did the rest.


Ada used my Stampin' Write Markers to colour the images. I was very impressed that she manage to get some great shadows/highlights with just the markers - no blender pens or any other tool. Pretty awesome for a 12 year old!


Ada and Hannah are both huge Harry Potter fans. I think Hermoine, and Emma Watson for that matter, is a fabulous role model for young girls, so I'm happy that they love the books and movies.


Ada's birthday was yesterday. When I asked her what she wanted on her card, she said she wanted the same as the card she'd made. I decided to overrule her and do something different, but still in the Harry Potter theme. She and Hannah both want to be in Ravenclaw, so that's where I started.


I found an online colouring book site that had Harry Potter images and printed the Ravenclaw crest. I used my Copics to colour it. I haven't coloured for a while and I'm a little rusty, but over all I was pleased with the result.


Sadly, the cardstock I used bled quite badly, despite being meant for Copic markers. I think next time I'll stick to Whisper White, which I've found fabulous with Copics.

So there you go, a pair of Harry Potter themed cards for your enjoyment.  If you'd like to see what the Art With Heart team have created for The Heart Of Christmas, you can pop on over to Claire's blog to check it out.

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.