Pages

Wednesday 28 June 2017

Heart Of Christmas: Week 5

Hi!


Once again I have managed to create a Christmas card for this week's The Heart Of Christmas blog share. I truly have amazed myself that I have managed to create every week so far. I've been on a bit of a learning curve this week, as I have a new computer, which also includes a new way to manage the files on the computer, but also a new photo editing system to learn. Bits have been easy, bits have been difficult, but I'm getting there.

Anyway, on to my card! I recently hosted an ATC swap that featured the Rock'n'Roll technique. I had fun with it, so I decided to use the same technique on my card. I was hoping for a bit of a wintery, snowy feel with out the typical snow flakes.


The stamp I used is from the new set, Lovely Inside & Out. It's not one you would look at and immediately think Christmas, but sometimes that's half the fun of new rubber - working out alternative uses for it. I stamped it in Soft Sky and then rolled it in Dapper Denim to get the darker outside edge. It's time consuming, as you need to clean the rubber each time you stamp it, but I think you'll agree that the effort is worth it.


After I stamped the 'snowflakes', I went over the Soft Sky section with my Wink Of Stella pen to give them a lovely shimmer. Very hard to photograph though!


Well, that's me for another week. With any luck you'll see me joining in again next week too. In the meantime, head on over to Claire Daly's blog so that you can see what the others have created this time. They are bound to impress!

Bye for now,

Tina

10 comments:

  1. Fabulous! You are so good at non traditional colour Christmas cards Tina. Thanks for playing along with Heart of Christmas week 5. Love having you in the Art with Heart team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the non-traditional colours you have used with the reindeer, Tina! That stamp makes a great background too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is sweet, Tina! The bursts have a rather rustic look, that I like, and I like that you used creative licence to include a blue reindeer. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the blue colours Tina and the dimension with the tree and reindeer great card

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, I love this Tina! I am a big fan of blue, but I think it's the simplicity of the layout with the stunning background images!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Tina, wow! I never would have thought of using this colour combo , but it is so fresh and effective.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! Absolutely gorgeous card Tina! Love the colours, very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you've used non traditional colours for this Christmas card, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh My Tina, this is simply GORGEOUS! Just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving your card Tina, it is gorgeous love the colours you chose and all the layering, not your usual Christmas colours and it's stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.