Pages

Monday 26 September 2016

An Eggplant Star Of Light

Hi!


Today I have a Christmas card for you that I have been making with my classes this month. It's been a really popular card, and such an easy one to make.



Nearly every Christmas I make at least one purple and silver card. I think it's a fabulous, elegant colour combination for Christmas cards. In this case I teamed Elegant Eggplant with Whisper White and Silver. This card was my first play with the Star Of Light bundle. I fell in love with the swirly star stamp that I have used for my background as soon as I saw it.



It is hard to see in the main photo, but the star is cut from some Silver Foil paper. It adds a lovely bit of luxury to the card. I popped the star up on Dimensionals. My class ladies were cursing me just a little bit, as you have to cut the pieces quite small to fit behind the star, but they all agreed that the end result was well worth it.




Some of my clever class ladies used the bits that popped out of the star on the front of the card to further decorate the stamped star on the inside. They were very clever to think of that!


Bye for now,


Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.