Pages

Friday 19 February 2016

JAI #299: Just Add Inspiration

Hi!



Oh my! I just realised that Just Add Ink is only one challenge away from our 300th challenge! How exciting! But first we have our 299th challenge, which is a gorgeous Inspiration photo chosen by Jan.


Mmmmm, don't those drinks look amazingly yummy? They look like they'd be very refreshing on a hot summer day. My first thoughts when looking at the picture were vellum and a watercolour wash, so that's what I went with for my card.


I selected one of the UV Resist cards from the Memories In The Making Project Life Collection, which is a Sale-A-Bration choice. The little tear droppish shapes reminded me of watermelon pips, so I thought it worked well with the inspiration photo. I used Watermelon Wonder ink and an Aqua Painter to create the wash background.


This was the Valentine's card I made for Rob. He hadn't seen the inspiration photo, but when I gave it to him he said that it made him think of watermelon and Dr Who. I was pleased he said watermelon, but then my brain registered the Dr Who bit. Huh? He explained that the early TARDIS had a circular motif on the walls! I used the Large Polka Dot TIEF on my background. It's funny how these things work out!


I don't often make Valentine's cards, as it's not something Rob and I celebrate. I was pleased to note that Rob had it on his bedside table, so he obviously liked getting it!

What inspiration do you take from the photo? The Design Team had a lot of fun with it. You can see their work on the JAI Blog.  I hope you can share your card with us at Just Add Ink.

Bye for now,

Tina

4 comments:

  1. Oh Tina what a funny comment from your hubby! It's awesome though that he go watermelon from it. I think your water colour wash is perfect for this inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tina,

    I really like the acetate heart and then the beautiful banner on your card. Such a good take on the inspiration.

    Tina men NEVER SAY they like cards and such, but they do. They are just little boys in men's bodies - they still like to be spoiled but are too manly to admit. I challenge you to continue to do little nice things like you would do for a little boy. Tuck notes in his lunch, buy his fave candy etc - I promise you no matter what you do for him, it will come back to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad your hubby liked the card and saw the watermelon in it - so funny about Dr Who too! Your wAter colour wash looks fabulous under the vellum and tousled thread - so delicate and pretty and grounded by green touches. Just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you idea of combining water colour wash and vellum Tina - its fabulous combination - arty and enticing. Love your incorporation of the gold thread too. Laughed at your DH - Dr Who!! but he scores lots of points for watermelon - lol! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.