Pages

Wednesday 23 September 2015

The Cardmaker's Children

Hi!

Do you know the saying about the cobbler's children? "The cobbler's children have no shoes". Sigh. I think the proverb could be applied to my house sometimes - the cardmaker's children have no cards. I often get so busy making cards for classes and other people that my own family tend to get neglected.  Today's cards are ones I made recently for Alex and Ada for their birthdays, which are in April and July respectively.  I know, parent of the year! To make matters worse, I showed them their cards and then told them they couldn't have them until I'd photographed them for blogging.  I think they are used to it by now!


Ada's card was made with the Hey Girl stamp set.  I would have been in big trouble if I'd used any other stamp set! I coloured it with my Blendabilities and then did a quick watercolour wash over the background, being very careful to NOT touch the Momento ink with my Aqua Painter.


Alex's card was CASEd from a fellow Demonstrator, Tracey Humphries.  I can't find a blog to link to though.  I saw her card in a closed demonstrator group. It's fantastically easy though - just the star within a heap of circles!  Awesome boy card.

EDIT: Tracey has a Facebook page here.


Having admitted being VERY late with my  two oldest children's cards, I will say that I was MUCH faster with Hudson's.  He turned 8 on Sunday and I made his card yesterday.  You'll have to wait until Friday to see it though, it's my Just Add Ink card for the upcoming challenge.

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.