Pages

Sunday 3 August 2014

Layouts 57 and 58

Hi!

I'm really late with this post - it's been a busy weekend!


On our walks around Paris we saw this cool graffiti.  We really loved the way that the grates in the ground were turned into the skeleton's rib cages.  So very clever!


Our next stop was Sacre Coeur.  We strolled through Montematre to get there and really enjoyed the feel of the area - it's known as an artistic area of Paris, although petty crime can be high!  Sacre Coeur (Sacred Heart) sits on the top of a very high hill - apparently when you are in the dome you are as high above sea level as you are at the top of the Eiffel Tower!


We chickened out of climbing the very steep stairs to the top and caught the Funicular instead.  It's basically a cable car that goes up and down the slope.  Rob was determined to have a nice sketch done of himself, but after getting scammed at the Eiffel Tower we were a little more careful this time.  We saw an artist drawing another lady so we watched him for a while.  Rob liked his work, so as he finished with the lady Rob approached him and he was willing to do the sketch.  I wasn't keen, so I wandered around trying to get a sneaky photo of Rob being sketched.  As I did I had another man approach me and start drawing me!  I couldn't get away as I didn't want to go too far from Rob, and being the non-confrontational type I ended up paying him for the sketch.  Sigh...

Sacre Coeur itself was beautiful and the views from the top of the dome were stunning.  We also toured the crypt and did some people watching out the front.  Lots of dodgy tourist trinket sellers and even some living statues.  It was a fabulous atmosphere and a beautifully sunny day.

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.