Pages

Friday 15 November 2013

JAI #191: Just Add A Sketch

Hi!

Welcome to frustrated Friday! Why frustrated? My internet for the month has been sucked away by kids watching YouTube videos so I've been shaped back to ssssslllllooooowwwww internet.  Thankfully it's only 'til tomorrow. For now, I'll just post my Just Add Ink challenge card, I'll edit the post tomorrow with the full set of photos. My edits are in italics.

http://just-add-ink.blogspot.com.au/2013/11/jai-191-just-add-sketch.html
 
This week Delys has designed a super cute sketch for your inspiration.
Isn't it fabulous?  Lots of room for interpretation in this sketch.  Here's how I used it.


Crushed Curry is NOT a go-to colour for me.  In fact it's one of the colours I like least in the SU range.  However, I think it works really well with the Bermuda Bay on the rest of the card.  I took my colour scheme from the Eastern Elegance DSP pack.  I used a small strip of it on the card - a left over from another project that fit perfectly!


Really love the medallion stamp from Happy Day - such a pretty image.


I used it again on the inside, but I stamped it off once first to reduce the intensity of the colour and let the Crushed Curry sentiment stand out.

Thanks for understanding!

Bye for now,

Tina

3 comments:

  1. Just beautiful Tina! Love your take on this weeks sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina I love this, and I'm lucky to know that its even better IRL! Love all the little delicate touches :) We've blasted our limits a few times too - so I know your pain. Bring on tomorrow ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cheery colour combo and I like how you have used that stamped image for the base circle (that was the element of the sketch I had most trouble with).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.