Pages

Monday 26 August 2013

Epic Day This And That Journal: This Is 38

Hi!

I was pretty excited when Stampin' Up! released the Epic Day Smash Album.  I bought one as soon as I could, and then thought "OK, now what am I going to do with it?" There was a part of me thinking it was too pretty to use, but I squashed her back in her box.  I had a few ideas, but in the end I decided to use it as a kind of diary for a year of my life.


I sat down last week to decorate the front.  And then I got a blank. I ended up starting with the numbers.  I turned 38 last week, so it was a good starting point. I wanted them to stand out, so I covered them with some of the brighter paper from the Epic Day DSP pack.


I love the coordinating Hexagon punch for stress free creating! I simply punched a few, sponged them and adhered them onto the cover.  I had previously stamped Off The Grid over the cover, and also Flowering Flourishes.


I used Notable Alphabet to stamp the rest of the title. I chose the title "This Is 38" as I want this book to be a keepsake of my life this year, so my family can look back and know what I was like at 38.  I will aim to keep it about me - not the kids, not Rob, just me.  It will be a challenge, as most mums love talking about their kids and family!


This is the inside of the front cover.  I took a selfie photo on my birthday so when I print it, it will go here and I will write some bits about myself.  I'm really looking forward to completing this album all about me!

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.